Emergency Preparedness Plan
Please do not hesitate to contact Institute staff or your class advisor in case of emergency.
The University of Arizona Medical Center
1501 North Campbell Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85721
NextCare- Urgent Care
501 North Park Avenue, Suite 110
Tucson, AZ 85719
- Dial 911 for all emergencies
- Inform Class Advisor of ongoing situations
Classroom Evacuation Procedures
Information compiled from the office of the Dean Eller College of Management
When fire sirens sound in UA buildings, Arizona law and University policy require you to evacuate.
- In all cases, when notice is made to evacuate, leave the building right away in an orderly manner using established evacuation routes and stairs.
- Take immediately available personal items with you (purses, backpacks, keys, phones) – they may not be available to you for some time.
- Do not use the elevators.
- Persons with handicaps who cannot exit the building should remain in the nearest stairwell until an emergency responder comes to help. If you know the location of such a person, report as soon as possible to an emergency responder.
- Help others identify safe passage out of the building.
- Move away from the building.
- DO NOT go back into a building to retrieve personal items. Go to your pre-determined gathering point (if you know of one) or remain at a distance of at least 200 feet from the building. In the case of McClelland Hall, this means at or beyond the Speedway underpass or across Helen Street.
- Follow all orders from authorized persons.
- As information becomes available, you will receive status updates from designated personnel.
- Do not re-enter to the building until directed to do so by emergency response personnel.