Regent Partners Overview
Each Class Advisor will be assigned a Regent Partner, who is a current member of the Board of Regents. The main responsibility of the Regent Partner is to offer support and advice to his or her assigned Class Advisor in the weeks leading up to site, as well as on-site. Partners should serve as mentors, acting as the “go-to” person when questions and/or potential issues arise. Advisors should utilize their partner as a resource.
- Serve as a mentor to your assigned advisor, providing advice, tips for success, and other pertinent information.
- Stay abreast of updates and potential issues by reading through staff bi-weekly emails, in addition to individual class emails.
- Make yourself available as needed.
- Assist with the planning of the class dinner, when appropriate.
- Serve as liaison between your advisor and the Board of Regents.
- Meet with your advisor prior to Homeroom to answer last minute questions.
- Attend Homeroom. Introduce yourself and explain your role as Regent Partner.
- Touch base with your advisor on a daily basis. Ensure your advisor is comfortable in his or her role and gauge class engagement. Offer advice and guidance, and troubleshoot where appropriate.
- Be available to carry out Class Advisor responsibilities throughout the week if needed.*
*Ideally, the only time you should be in the classroom with your advisor is during Homeroom. You would only fill-in for your advisor in a last minute pinch if he or she was unable to take attendance, deliver announcements, etc.
- Continue to be available for your advisor as needed.
The Regent Partner text is available here as a PDF for more efficient printing.