Emergency Preparedness Plan
Please contact Institute staff or your class advisor in case of any emergency.
While at the UGA Hotel and Conference Center
- In the case of any emergency, call University of Georgia (UGA) Police (706) 542-2200 first. The UGA Police Department is the primary contact for all campus emergencies.
- From an office or internal phone, you must dial 9 before a phone number (including 911.)
- Make sure to note emergency exits in each conference room.
- In case of a fire, or another emergency that requires building evacuation, Institute attendees should meet on the SW corner where Lumpkin and Carlton intersect. Directly across from front entrance of UGA center.
- In case of a tornado, have participants go to the closest stairwell and proceed to the basement. Follow “Severe weather shelter” signs.
- In case of a medical emergency, please call UGA police first or 911 then call the hotel front desk (706-548-1311) so they may direct the help to the victim’s location within the building.
- St. Mary’s Hospital is located at 1230 Baxter Street, Athens, Georgia. The phone number is 706-546-0911 for emergencies and 706-548-7851 for general information.
- Athens Regional Medical Center is located at 1199 Prince Avenue, Athens, GA 30606. The phone number is 706-475-7000
- Call 911 for help in cases of fire, medical, or other emergencies.
Please make sure that Institute has your an accurate emergency contact for you while onsite.