Second-Year Core Courses
C220 Is That Legal?
Perhaps the most important part of any job is knowing the law. Don’t put your career on the line because you are simply misinformed on legal issues.
- Recognizing corporate and operational legal issues.
- Identifying areas in which legal problems are most likely to occur.
- Understanding legal trends that affect nonprofits.
C230 Managers Who Motivate
You play an integral part in empowering your colleagues to achieve greatness. Learn how to assess and improve your own management style tailored to the needs of your diverse workforce.
- Developing your personal management style.
- Setting expectations and coaching your team.
- Managing conflict and change.
C250 Customer Service Inside and Out
It is essential to possess a customer service mentality. Discover ways to outline and refine a quality vision statement for your customers to keep them satisfied.
- Learning to cultivate a customer service vision within your organization or department.
- Earning a reputation for superior customer service.
- Understanding and managing customer expectations.
C260 Marketing Strategies
Learn how to create and implement a marketing plan to promote your organization and community. Find out how to target specific audiences, develop effective one-to-one and one-to-many communications, and assess marketing programs.
- Identifying key elements of a marketing plan.
- Implementing techniques for researching your audience and measuring success.
- Utilizing marketing tools for nonprofits.
C261 Events: Strategy and Operations
Events and programs typically bring together a wide range of stakeholders for a specific purpose. Examine events that exceed the needs and expectations of all involved.
- Creating events with a strategic purpose.
- Utilizing technology to improve the bottom line and increase attendee satisfaction.
- Examining financial management, stakeholder management, and event design.
C270 Effective Government Affairs Programs
Nonprofits serve as advocates for their members and communities. Despite your experience or your organization’s size, establishing a grassroots network doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Learn the basics of a successful approach to legislative advocacy and policy.
- Determining who should be involved in the program and why.
- Creating a legislative policy.
- Running a grassroots network.