E310 Evolving Membership Models
Do you plan to reevaluate or restructure your organization’s membership investment schedule? This session looks at the major issues in developing a dues schedule and the approaches that different organizations use.
- Evaluating advantages and risks of various dues schedules.
- Identifying steps for conducting a review of your organization’s dues structure.
- Implementing techniques to ensure smooth implementation of a dues schedule change.
E330 Keys to Delegation and Empowerment
The stress that comes from being responsible and accountable for performance can hinder success and job satisfaction. Delegation gives others a greater stake in organizational outcomes and can increase productivity. Explore strategies for empowering others to assume more responsibility.
- Identifying what and what not to delegate.
- Understanding how to delegate to the right person at the right time.
- Implementing ways improve staff accountability.
E331 CEO Lessons Learned
Learn how to thrive as a nonprofit executive. Gain insight and refinement as an executive in the industry. Tips, lessons, and stories are captured and shared during this interactive session.
- Sharing best practices.
- Exploring habits and behaviors of nonprofit executives, from challenges to everyday opportunities.
- Assessing your career stage and growth opportunities.
E340 501(C)(3) Foundations Management
This course is designed for anyone considering creating a 501(c)(3) Foundation or currently operating a 501(c)(3) Foundation. Learn the technical infrastructure needed to align with IRS governance and compliance, as well as accounting and audit rules impacted by received restricted funds from contributions and grants. Explore strategic approaches needed for a Foundation to align its focus and output with its purpose and vision.
- Creating the strategic alignment for your Foundation.
- Understanding the resource alignment for your Foundation.
- Developing the programmatic alignment for your Foundation.
E342 Advanced Strategies of Community and Economic Development
Expand your organization’s role in economic development and learn strategies to compete globally.
- Structuring a deal, identification, and use of incentives.
- Understanding redevelopment, revitalization, and regionalism.
- Utilizing technology in economic development.
E343 Building a Brighter Future: Business Leadership in Education
In today’s rapidly evolving world, business leaders play a pivotal role in shaping the future of education. “Building a Brighter Future” is a comprehensive course designed to equip business leaders with the knowledge and skills needed to understand and engage with the earliest part of the education and workforce pipeline. This course will provide an overview of the childcare and K-12 education landscape, including the importance of early learning, childcare as a two-generation workforce issue, and K-12 education as a workforce issue.
- Developing a foundational understanding of the childcare and K-12 education systems, including history of education policy, basic concepts, and policy.
- Identifying common initiatives and the business role in childcare and K-12 education.
- Exploring resources and initiatives from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation in the childcare and K-12 education spaces.
E350 The Art of Persuasion and Negotiation
Persuasion and negotiation require patience and determination. Learn to shift opinions through key people, case studies, power words, and presentations. Convince others to step up and take on new initiatives. Learn how to obtain the results you want through negotiation.
- Understanding the types of decision makers and how they can be most effectively persuaded.
- Identifying words and techniques to convince others to take action.
- Implementing a plan of action for negotiations.
E360 Strategic Communications
Your communications strategy needs to effectively convey organization products, programs, and services. Learn to evaluate your communications and marketing strategy to ensure that your organization is properly branded to reach its critical audience.
- Evaluating and structuring an effective communications stragegy.
- Targeting the right audience for various communications efforts.
- Determining the appropriate brand within the market.
E362 Policy Development and Implementation
Policies and procedures exist to protect the organization and the professionals within it. Determine the differences between policies and procedures and learn how to implement an appropriate structure in your organization.
- Identifying differences between policies and procedures.
- Exploring the process for implementing policies.
- Understanding risk management.
E380 Delivering Value
Nonprofit organizations face an increasingly competitive market for members and customers. Learn how to develop your organization’s value proposition and convey the significance of your services to current and prospective members and customers.
- Identifying your value proposition.
- Communicating your value proposition.
- Measuring your value proposition.