E110 Revving Your Revenue Stream
Identify new ways to fundraise, sponsor, and build partnerships to bring revenue into your organization. Learn the steps involved to establish partnerships, including due diligence and safeguards to protect your organization and its members.
- Discovering avenues to bring revenue into your organization.
- Examining potential new sources of non-dues revenue through creative funding.
- Understanding the financial and legal implications associated with different revenue streams.
E120 Executive Law
There are many situations in which your organization may be found legally responsible. Examine common areas of risk for nonprofit membership organizations and discuss strategies to manage liability risk.
- Recognizing issues that land a nonprofit professional in legal trouble.
- Implementing safeguards to protect your organization.
- Managing roles and responsibilities of the board, committees, and task forces.
E126 Dealing With Challenging Employees
Handling difficult employee situations can be one of the most tedious and anxiety-producing aspects of management. By handling such situations effectively, it is often possible to turn a difficult situation into a great one.
- Defining unsatisfactory employee performance behaviors.
- Learning tools and techniques to address problematic staff behavior.
- Identifying actionable steps if you can’t turn it around.
E140 Building Organizational Excellence
Excellent organizations begin with a determination to be the best. When your board asks, “Are we the best?” know how to answer their question.
- Identifying the principles and best practices of successful organizations.
- Benchmarking your organization’s performance against the standards of other top organizations.
- Implementing best practices.
E142 Fundamentals of Community and Economic Development
Learn the fundamentals of community and economic development to enhance your organization’s relevance.
- Defining economic development, including the various types and forms.
- Developing existing business retention and expansion programs.
- Building collaborative economic development relationships and receiving examples of funding structures for economic development organizations.
E150 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Inclusive leadership is paramount to successful organizations and thriving communities. Equip yourself with the tools necessary to create a community that is welcoming to all.
- Understanding the economic impact of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Creating a climate that promotes an understanding and respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Using policy to support the organization’s goal of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
E163 Communicating Through the Media
There are times when you want or need to be out front on an issue and times when the best defense is a good offense. Learn how to maximize, or minimize, attention on an issue or event with the media.
- Understanding the vehicles for sending your message.
- Communicating your message with impact to different media outlets.
- Messaging with maximum preparation.
E180 Building Better Boards and Committees
Learn to build strong boards and committees from recruiting the right people to successfully orienting board and committee members and planning for succession.
- Recruiting board members that reflect the diversity of your members.
- Structuring a board or committee orientation program and setting expectations.
- Coaching the board or committee to think strategically and prepare for succession.