Fourth-Year Core Courses
C420 Current Legal Issues Facing Your Organization
Timely legal issues that can and will suddenly strike; and when to contact your attorney!
- Examining issues affecting your organization and the legal pitfalls.
- Understanding employment agreements at both executive and junior levels
- Exploring anti-trust laws and how they relate to not-for-profit organizations.
C430 Becoming a Strategic Leader
Strategic leaders foster collaborative teams that can position the organization toward success within the business community and external organizations.
- Building positive relationships with your team and external stakeholders and collaborators.
- Understanding the diversity of the business community and external organizations.
- Measuring results.
C441 Industry Forecast
Is your organization ready for the future? Explore trends and issues affecting the nonprofit world and prepare for the future.
- Discovering essential industry trends.
- Understanding how the changing complexities of the global market affect your members.
- Preparing to manage workforce trends and demographic shifts.
C460 Integrating Strategic Technology Solutions
Integrating a dynamic website, contact database, and accounting program is essential in doing business today. Take the necessary steps to further develop a technology plan that works for your organization.
- Creating a technology plan and budget.
- Protecting and maintaining your technology solutions.
- Developing technology strategies for your organization.
C470 Advocacy and Alliances
Once your advocacy program is in place, you are ready to take the next steps. Position your organization to be a leader in advocacy within the community and external organizations. Delve into the ins and outs of the different channels of coalition building.
- Developing political coalitions and alliances.
- Preparing issue papers and other materials.
- Building and managing relationships with your elected officials.
C490 Organization Leadership for the Future
Maximize your organization’s potential by keeping current on trends and the environment around your organization. Create a synergistic environment through trust, appropriate culture, and the ability to affect change when needed.
- Utilizing situational awareness.
- Implementing techniques to lead change.
- Developing a culture of leadership.