State Strategy Best Practices for Alumni Engagement and Expansion
Below are some best practices for you to implement in your state!
- Host an alumni reunion at your state conference.
- Host an orientation for prospective students and new executives at your state conference.
- Staff a table with collateral materials (supplied by Institute upon request) at your state conference.
- Wear the IOM ribbon and distribute (when applicable) to alumni at your state conference and other relevant meetings.
- Utilize your state association listserv as a resource.
- Include an “I am an IOM Because” ad in publications.
- Build relationships with state society organizations.
- Write an article promoting Institute and/or available scholarships in your state newsletter.
- Send a welcome packet to new executives and include information on Institute.
- Add Institute testimonials to your state society’s website.
- Host a networking happy hour for other IOMs in your area.
- Start an IOM alumni volunteer service group and share your volunteer experiences in organizational publications.
- Explain the significance and importance of hiring an IOM to board chairmen and recruiters.
- Update your contact information by clicking here! You can also contact the Institute office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-463-5570 with changes to contact information.