Research has determined that only 3% of all adult citizens in the United States take the time and effort to plan for the future. Yet, those 3% accomplish five to ten times more in their lifetimes than do the other 97%. It is a shame, but most people spend more time planning their vacations than they do planning their lives. Individuals who take the time to determine, with clarity, what they want to achieve in life are much more likely to accomplish their goals & objectives than those who leave their lives to chance. There is magic and power in planning!
What do you want to accomplish in life? Take time to think through what it is you want to achieve. Write it down on paper or create a Word document on your computer. Clarity is the key… be clear about your objectives and what you want to achieve. I encourage you to consider establishing goals with objectives in these areas:
The following steps will help as you begin the planning process…
Goal: Develop a Goal Statement for each of the areas that you choose to focus on. The Goal Statement addresses the “Why”. Why is it that I should be concerned or interested in planning in this particular area of my life?
Objectives: Develop Objectives under each one of the areas. The Objectives address the “What”. What is it that I want to accomplish in this important area of my life?
Action Steps: Develop Action Steps for each of your Objectives. The Action Steps address the “How”. How will I accomplish my desired Objectives? What are the necessary steps I must take in order to realize each Objective that I have determined to be important?
Timelines: Develop a Timeline (with a deadline) that will help you stay on track with accomplishing your Objectives. When do I want to realize the achievement of this Objective?
We have developed a template that will help you as you move forward in your personal planning process. For your complimentary copy, please visit www.theewartgroup.com and request the Life Planning Template. This is your time… become one of the 3%!