We look forward to seeing everyone on-site in Tucson for 2024 Winter Institute!
Please bookmark this page and reference it for important information, action items, and resources. There is important information regarding pre-site action items, so please be sure to read it carefully.
Let Isabel know if you have questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-748-2238.
- 2024 Winter Institute runs Wednesday, January 3 – Sunday, January 7.
- On-site office locations:
- Staff office: Madera
- Regent office: Picacho
- On-site class advisor meetings:
- Wednesday, January 3 at 12:00 p.m. (Marriott) —Group photos will be taken.
- Thursday, January 4 at 1:30 p.m. (Picacho)
- Friday, January 5 at 2:00 p.m. (Picacho)
- Saturday, January 6 at 9: a.m. (Picacho)
- Sunday, January 7 at 10:00 a.m. (Picacho)
- Attire for the week is casual to business casual (always professional), however volunteers typically dress in business casual or business attire (for those in a leadership position) for graduation.
- Class presentations and additional resources can be accessed through the Event Hub. —Available after registration closes on December 6.
- Graduation will be held Saturday, January 6 at 6:30 p.m. Graduates should arrive shortly before 6:00 p.m. to take pictures. Other class photos will be held after the ceremony in the following order: Scholarship recipients, Class 3-2, Class 3-1, Class 2-2, Class 2-1, Class 1-2, Class 1-1. You are expected to organize your class to take photos.
The following links redirect to live rosters for each of the classes. Please be sure to pull a new list before every full-class communication.
Class 1-1: Megan Schlimm | Lynn Olberding
Class 1-2: Kyle Tarbet | Kathi Roetter
Class 2-1: Bryanna Marceau | Gary Troutman
Class 2-2: Cindy Holzheimer | Mike Johnson
Class 3-1: Erin Keck | Adrian Cain
Class 3-2: Jessica Capistrant | Erin Carter
Class 4-1: Nikki Devitt | Tara Watson-Watkins
CLASS ADVISOR ACTION ITEMS
DETAILED CLASS ADVISOR ACTION ITEMS
- Site Registration (December 5): Please register as a class advisor by clicking here. Select the fourth option down for ‘volunteers and faculty,’ choose your class level, and then follow the appropriate prompts. All volunteer sign-ups, including course audits, elective attendance, and other on-site responsibilities will be completed during the registration process.
- Ask Me About…Buttons (December 5): A new addition to Institute’s on-site networking strategy is the use of buttons to introduce more casual conversation on topics outside of the workplace. If you are interested in participating, please provide your discussion topic by completing this form, and your button will be waiting for you on-site!
- Welcome Video (December 6): Upload a video of yourself sharing your tip for Institute attendees to be played at Kickoff. You do not need to introduce yourself, as this will be shared on screen while you are speaking. The video should be approximately 15 seconds and recorded in landscape, if possible.
- Industry Consultations (Pre-Site): If interested in facilitating industry consultations on-site, please complete the sign-up form here.
- App (Pre-Site): Be sure to download the on-site app, which will be available after registration has closed. —Available after registration closes on December 6.
- Social Media (Pre-Site): Remember to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, and tweet at us @iomeducates on-site using the hashtags #iomeducates and #WinterInstitute.
Will be added before site begins.
CLASS ADVISOR RESOURCES
- Linktree —Home base for the week (AYNTK)
- Class Advisor Roster
- Volunteer Schedule of Activities
- Attendee Only Schedule of Activities —Does not include volunteer meetings
- Campus Safety and Emergency Procedures
- Student Union Memorial Center Directory
- Walking Map —Marriott to Student Union
- Briefing Packet Documents:
- Volunteer and Staff Cell Phones
- Social Media
- 2024 Winter Grid
- Event Hub Link —Materials and resources can be accessed here.
- Google Photo Album —Link will be provide prior to site.
- Industry Consultations Attendee Results