We look forward to your attendance at the upcoming 2024 Winter Institute site. We are excited to welcome 24 faculty to Tucson, 3 of whom are new faculty.
Please read through the below information closely, as it contains important information regarding action items and deadlines noted in parenthesis.
Please let Cici know if you have questions at email@example.com or 385.484.9830.
Faculty Action Items
- Site Registration (Deadline: Friday, November 10th)
- Submit Updated W-9 (Deadline: Friday, November 10th)
- Attend Virtual Faculty Trainings (November 29th & December 13th)
- Transportation to Site
- Course Evaluation QR Codes
- Upload Presentation Materials (Monday, November 27th)
- Faculty Orientation Packet
- Winter Faculty Grid
- 2024 Curriculum Syllabus
- Course Rosters
Detailed Faculty Action Items
- Site Registration (Friday, November 10th): Please register for Winter Institute by selecting Volunteers and Faculty on the registration page. Here you’ll accept the 2024 Faculty Contract, submit your emergency contact, dietary, and lodging information. Faculty will be asked to provide their intended arrival and departure days prior to arrival. Institute covers lodging for faculty members for up to the day prior to and after teaching days, and will reserve the room and communicate confirmation information prior to site.
- Submit Updated W-9 (Friday, November 10th): For reimbursement, we need a copy of your W-9 form. If you are a new faculty member or your organization information has changed since your last Institute payment, please send an updated copy to Cici at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions on the compensation structure, please let Cici know.
- Virtual Faculty Trainings: The Faculty Training sessions are required for new faculty members and optional for returning faculty. Because the sessions will cover different content, new faculty are required to attend both.
- Faculty Training #1: Orientation and Initial Preparation (Wednesday, November 29th: 1:00 – 2:00 PM EST) . In this session we’ll review Winter-specific site information and review faculty expectations. Experienced faculty members will cover the nuances of teaching at Institute and discuss how to prepare effective presentation materials. We’ll discuss the attendee profile, hear from new faculty who share their perspective, and discuss other high-level initial preparation topics. A separate calendar invite has been sent.
- Faculty Training #2: The Classroom Experience (Wednesday, December 13th: 2:00 – 3:00 PM EST). In this session experienced faculty members will deep-dive classroom management techniques and share best practices as you focus on the classroom experience aspect for attendees. This training will provide a more hands-on approach to preparation. A separate calendar invite has been sent.
- Transportation to Site: Flights are covered by Institute and booked by the faculty member using the Institute partner travel agency, Ovation. If a faculty member drives to site, they will be reimbursed for mileage, which is is calculated using the federal government reimbursement rate.
- If you plan on driving to the site (instead of flying), please let me know.
- Please book your flights by contacting Ovation by informing them you are with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Winter Institute for Organization Management. They can be reached by:
- Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 9:00 PM EDT
- Phone: 800-906-8455
- Email: email@example.com with subject line: Winter Institute
You will need to provide:
- First Name:
- Middle Name or Initial:
- Last Name:
- Date of Birth:
- Cell Phone Number:
- TSA/Known Traveler Number:
- Frequent flyer number:
- Seat Preference:
Please note, names on ticket must match government issued ID presented at the airport.
- Course Evaluation QR Codes: To ensure the quality of the program, every attendee is asked to evaluate strengths/areas of improvement for the course and instructor. These evaluations are conducted electronically and once feedback is processed, individual comments are sent to faculty. In a new effort to increase participation in the survey, we ask that you allocate 5-10 minutes at the end of class for attendees to complete this. Please choose the preferred template color palette of your choosing and incorporate the respective slide as the final slide of your submitted presentation materials. Attendees can complete the course evaluations by scanning the QR code on their mobile device or by following the website listed on their laptops. Again, we ask that you allocate 5-10 minutes at the end of the presentation for attendees to share feedback.
- Upload Presentation Materials (Monday, November 27th): All presentations and handouts will be available to attendees, and they will be encouraged to download and/or print them prior to arriving on-site. To maintain uniformity of presentations on-site it was previously requested that a full Institute-branded template be used for the entirety of the presentation. However, we now only require that the title slide of your presentation be an Institute-branded templates. Please find three PowerPoint template options to choose from below:
- Faculty Orientation Packet: Find pertinent site-specific information to assist in your preparation.
- Winter Faculty Grid: Please find the 2024 Winter Grid for reference of which other faculty will be in attendance. Those in yellow are our new faculty – please give them a warm welcome!
- Curriculum Syllabus: Please find the 2024 Curriculum Syllabus for reference
- Course Rosters: Please find direct links to your course rosters below. These are updated in real-time, so as more attendees register, the rosters will automatically reflect these changes. We recommend you looking at the specific rosters as you prepare, as they will provide insight into the demographic composition of your classes.